"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Sales = iPad & Kindle & Marketing thoughts

I'm noticing that I'm selling on the Kindle and, of all things, the iPad. Now, to me that's interesting, because I sold way less for the Nook thingy, and B&N's Nook is supposed to be Kindle's rival, no? Honestly, I never had much faith in the Nook. I don't know -- just one of my goofy gut feelings. But whatever. Smashwords uploads to B&N automatically, so: Just leave your books there. Why not??? Wouldn't hurt.

Still, the Kindle is King.

iPads, though....I guess they ARE wayyy more popular than nooky Nooks. Hmmmm....Maybe a change in my marketing strategy is in order? Somehow?

And by "marketing", I mean next to zero. (Or maybe more like one percent effort. (That's still good. (Better than nothing.))) Jesus, you can scream to the world that your book is out, but if no one is looking for it, you'll just end up pissing people off. Well...better to be pissed off than pissed on. Har har har. Fap fap fap.

But that's the thing, isn't it? Don't spend thousands of dollars on ads and stuff. I know I hate it when I see a person's book/banner on my favorite website. It's like someone sticking their baby-maker in my eye. Stop it! Do not pass go! Rage! (flips over table)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Instead, I try to use the stealth method...going to forums relative to the genre I write in and leaving meaningful posts, being a part of the community. Ahh! More of a, "Hey, by the way, I have a book you might like". Way better than, "BUY MY BOOK! Arrrrrgggghhh!"

"Eh?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mahalo.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Have you asked people to review your book? I have asked tons of people, and even had this awesome girl hook me up for a blog tour in November. You have to have a thick skin, because they're not always totally great, but lots of people love horror and it gets the word out big time. I have post that lists some of my reviewers (the one about the 80's). And are you on Goodreads? Because I have made so many book friends and contacted so many people for reviews. I just send a blurb about my book, and if they're interested, I send an ebook coupon for 100% from Smashwords or a file that works for their ebook. It's really cheap, and most reviewers post to Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, and anywhere else you want. Try it! My sales spike a little anytime a good review goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea! I do have a Goodreads account that's kinda just lazing around. I should make use of it =)

    Thanks, Liz! ^_^

    ReplyDelete