"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

My New author-hero-guy = "99 cents" John Locke

Because he says this:

"Write the types of books you like to read. I offer my readers a fun, breezy read. If I can give them some chuckles and hold their interest for a few hours, I feel I've earned my 99 cents. I know I'm on the right track if I laugh out loud when I'm writing a scene."

Now here's a man that's so humble, he doesn't even consider himself a "real" author. But I think he IS. That very thing he said (see above) is what I believe writers should live and die by.

Write for the people. Your audience. Show them a good time!

Heck, I'm gonna follow his footsteps and make my books more accessible by lowering them to 99 cents. I want to build my audience. I wanna connect with people that enjoy my stuff -- show them a fun time.

Besides. It's lonely being a recluse, lol.

2 comments:

  1. On thing I like about Locke is that in his book and all the interviews I've read with him, he seems like a very nice guy. Good for him that's gotten the success he has.

    Best of luck to you with the 99 cents price point. I bet you'll do very well with it.

    P.S. - I'm still reading and enjoying Ghost City. You're a really creative writer, Ray. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading some interviews with him, too. He does seem pretty groovy, right? And I'm glad you like the book. Like I said, keep me updated on your book. Great minds think alike! =)

    ReplyDelete