"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hermione Granger stole my birth-date

It's coming up.

September 19, 1979.

We share the same month, day, and year. What a groovy coincidence. I wonder if it's a sign. Maybe it means something awesome in the grand scheme of things!

In related news: I could never get into Harry Potter (that's what she said). I mean, I tried reading it...really tried to love it, but I just couldn't. I feel like a jerk, or an idiot, or jerkiot. Here we have something very popular. Something that (almost) everyone in the world loves, and I just can't get into it.

I guess I'm just weird.

And it's not like I don't think fantasy is cool. Labyrinth is awesome, and I love Lord of The Rings (wayyy more than Star Wars). So I like the fantasy genre, I do. But that Harry thing...I don't get it. If it's about wanting to live in a whole new world, I'll stick with Final Fantasy, which is kinda like LoTR anyway.

I enjoy the worlds of Silent Hill and Resident Evil and Fatal Frame and The X-Files, too. But I ain't gonna go living in those worlds.

Mama didn't raise no fool!



2 comments:

  1. It's alright not to like something popular (or Mainstream), I can somewhat understand your lack of interest in Harry Potter. At least for me, in this day and year, where all the glamor of HP has been hyped up and made into movies.. I thought it was much more magical as a book alone. Reading it now would be like reading a great book that had it's ending spoiled long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting. A lot of my friends are really getting into the Harry Potter audio books. I lovvvve audio books. I might wanna give them a shot! =)

    ReplyDelete