"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Scared of (or scarred by) Writing


Why do I feel this way? What is this fear?

I like writing. I literally get ten ideas a day for books, so why don't I get to writing? It's not like I watch TV (or YouTube), or go out. I basically sleep all day before going to work at night. AND I kinda sorta stopped drinking.

I think I know. And it HAS to be because of bad habits. What I need is a schedule and stick to it.

I have to turn writing into brushing my teeth, or putting on my pants...or breathing. That's how it was with my other books: I was so inspired, I just started writing the very moment I woke up. It's true. But somewhere down the line I started getting depressed -- then unmotivated -- then came the beer, and on and on it goes with the reasons. I ended up with bad habits.

I can change again -- change back into the old me. I know what to do to get back into writing.

2 comments:

  1. I've been going through the same thing lately. I guess we just need to make ourselves write - no matter what.

    What you said about setting a schedule is a good idea. I'm going to do that and I'm also going to make more deadlines for myself and make myself stick to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, it's works. It's more a matter of adjusting your body to this new idea of things -- conditioning it. It's true what they say, too: You are what you do over and over again.

    You'll get used to it.

    And then the habit forms.

    ReplyDelete