"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Message from God?

I think He/It/She/The Universe/Woman's Intuition/Whatever wants me to write one book a month.

I don't know what good it'll do, but...for some odd reason, I have faith in this. It's just a feeling I have.

I was having a hard time at work tonight, when I asked, "Dear God, what can I do to get out of this mess?"

The answer was, "Write a lot of books. I'll handle the rest. Have faith. Have fun in your writing. Don't worry about the how."

Ask, and ye shall receive. So I'm gonna try this out. No TV; no going out; just lock myself in my house and write.

"But Ray, you have to go out. You have to live life."

Well...I AM.

I feel alive when I write. And if going out and getting hammered drunk or watching TV or YouTube means living life to you, so be it. Me? No more wasting time. Time to prove that I really want what I say I want.

2 comments:

  1. Ray, I feel the same way I do. I'm in a job that I want to get out of and I know the best way to do it is to go for my dreams and make myself fully dive into my writing.

    You seem to be off to a great start for yourself. It's awesome that you've already published the novels you have. Good luck with writing a novel a month. I bet you can do it!

    ReplyDelete