"A unique tale by a fresh voice in horror."
-Tracey Fleming "The Written Universe"
FILIPINO VAMPIRE

Kindle (should be free soon!)
NOOK
iPad
Other e-book formats!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Addicted to Procrastination


Someone once said, "Procrastination is like masturbation. At first it feels good, but in the end, you're just F'ing yourself."

I have a theory why writers procrastinate.

Sometimes I'm too attached to the feeling of excitement that comes before writing -- of running what I think is an exciting story through my mind. I'm afraid that when I actually sit down to type it out, it won't be so good, or the ideas won't come. So many days -- many weeks -- I play it safe and just pretend to type, pretend to write the book in my mind.

However, at least in my case, when I DO sit down to write (when I get fed up and can't take doing nothing anymore), what comes out is always fun, always enjoyable.

In each case, I think, "I wish I didn't waste so much time. I wish I got up earlier to do this."

Again, it's the fear that stops you.

TIP: When you feel like not writing is the best time to start. You'll enjoy it! That's how you know what you're doing is your passion, your reason for being.

TIP #2: Passion can be cultivated, just like any habit...good or bad.


Want exclusive updates on future books? Subscribe below!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment